Up and Running
Pre-Surgical Education Program
"Up and Running" is a comprehensive program designed to provide patients with all the information and resources they'll need for a successful recovery after joint replacement surgery. It includes:
- Pre-surgical education classes
- Dedicated unit for care within St. Mary's of Michigan Medical Center
- Specially trained staff devoted to joint replacement patients
- "Well" atmosphere where patients dress in their own clothes
- Aggressive physical therapy program - with therapy starting day of surgery
- Family participation as "coaches" during therapy
- Patient dining room
- Free lunch for "coaches"
For more information, call (989) 907-8287.